At MBC Kids, our vision is for every child to Love God, Love each other and to Love Weston.
We believe that the children in our church are amazing and are a vital part of our church family. We aim to encourage each child to grow in their faith in God and in their relationships with each other.
Each Sunday the children stay in for the first part of the main meeting for praise and worship, then head upstairs for their own groups: Little Sparks, All Stars
On the first Sunday of the month the whole church comes together for our All Age Service so there are no children's groups.
Little Sparks is our crèche available each Sunday morning during the main church service. This is available to all children aged up to 3 years. It is a wonderful, safe, fully staffed environment for the little ones to play, allowing the parents to enjoy the service without worry. A registration system enables us to contact the parent during the service if necessary.
All Stars and Trailblazers
Every Sunday we meet together for a special time of fun and bible based activities for children aged 4 - 11 years. MBC Kids runs alongside the church service in the upstairs rooms. Ages for the groups are:
All Stars 4-6 years
Trailblazers 7-11 years
At the moment All Stars, Trailblazers and the youth group are meeting altogether each Sunday morning as people start to gradually come back to church because of Covid- 19.
MBC Family @ Home
Over lockdown, we produced a weekly Sunday video for children and families. You can find all the videos on our church YouTube page in the MBC family @ home playlist.
MBC Toddlers is a group aimed at children from birth to pre-school age. There are lots of toys to play with and it’s a great chance to meet other carers and make new friends. The sessions are very informal but always finish with a time when we all come together for story/singing/or parachute play.
We meet for 2 groups every Wednesday morning 9:15am-10:45am & 11:00am- 12:30pm term time only and the cost is £1.50 per family. This includes refreshments for children and adults. We aim to provide a very warm welcome to everyone!
We really want to make sure that the groups are a safe environment for you and your children so there will be a few of things that we will be continuing during these sessions:
• We will continue to use the booking in system on the church website events page. You can find the group you wish to join on the church website calendar, however if people turn up on the day that is absolutely fine too. Links to each group will be on the website 1 week before each session.
• Those with Covid- 19 symptoms (new onset cough, temperature, loss of taste or smell) must stay away from the group/activity for a minimum of seven days. We are asking our volunteers to take a rapid test the day before group as well.
• Hand sanitiser will be provided for you upon arrival, during and leaving the group. We ask that you use this when you need to leave the room for the toilet and re-entering the group.
• All adults need to maintain suitable social distancing wherever possible. We would like to encourage adults to still wear a face coverings (unless exempt) when moving around to a different area but you can remove your masks when sat on your chairs, having your refreshments or when in the outside patio area.
• We will be having the windows open to make sure there is a good air flow in the building so you may want to bring extra warm clothing with you.
• We ask that you do not arrive too early for the second group as we will be using the time in between to sanitise the toys.
If you have any questions feel free to email email@example.com or you can phone/text on 07827811402. You can also check out the church website on www.milton-baptist.org.uk and our toddler group Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Milton-Baptist-Toddlers-111801425554533
The Object of the Boys' Brigade is the advancement of Christ's Kingdom amongst boys and the promotion of habits of obedience, reverence, discipline, self respect and all that tends towards true Christian manliness.
Activities for boys aged 5-19 years, including games, crafts, Bible stories and trips out.
Anchor Boys (5-8 years) 5:45pm - 7pm
Juniors (8-11 years) 6:45pm - 8:30pm
We meet on Thursdays in the Church meeting room, during term times only. There is a cost of £1.50. Please contact Mark Fuller on 07968 134959
The leadership of MBC recognises the importance of its ministry/work with children, young people and vulnerable adults, and its responsibility to protect everyone entrusted to our care. This Church is committed to the safeguarding of Children and Adults at Risk and ensuring their wellbeing. All workers involved with these groups are DBS checked.
The church also organises monthly family walks, family film nights and Messy Church. At the moment we have suspended these activities until further notice. Please keep checking this page for any updates.